Serenity High offers a rare opportunity. It is a safe haven and sober environment for students who have successfully completed a recognized treatment program and who want to complete requirements to earn a Texas high school diploma.
Students are not judged by race, gender, or religion. The focus is on staying sober and receiving a high school education.
• The opportunity to earn a high school diploma;
• A safe, sober campus;
• Support for sobriety;
• A smooth transition from treatment back into school;
• A student-teacher ratio of 10:1, and individualized instruction tailored to each student’s needs;
• Individualized counseling of each student by staff to oversee the academic, personal and social development of that particular student – staff serves as life-skills mentors to assist in character growth of each student;
• A peer support group that understands and holds students accountable;
• Improved communication between students, parents and the school;
• Team-building events; and
• Ongoing community service projects.
The students at Serenity are a family. They want to come to school.
Click here to see a video about Serenity produced by the McKinney I.S.D.